Sometimes it can be hard to motivate yourself to work out alone, so here’s a strength and core workout you can do with a partner to make it more fun. Skorpion and I did some demonstrating, and in some cases I added a more correct version to shoot for. Enjoy!
- Stand facing your partner.
- Lunge forward with your right foot.
- As you’re lunging forward on your right, your partner should be lunging backwards with their left foot.
- Repeat back and forth 12 times.
- Switch legs and do another 12 reps.
One-Legged Partner Squat
- Start by standing facing each other.
- Grab your partner’s left shoulder and right leg.
- When you catch your balance, slowly lower yourself into a one-legged squat position.
Note: Make sure to keep your butt low and your back straight. This can also be done by gripping hands or forearms and leaning back. It’ll be easier to balance.
- Stand hip to hip with your partner facing the opposite direction with feet shoulder length or slightly wider apart.
- Make sure your knees are pointed out to avoid injury and sit back on your hips with your thighs parallel to the ground.
- Use your glutes to push up off the ground and turn towards your outside.
- Land with your opposite hip to your partners opposite hip.
Push-Up Arm Touches
- Get into a push-up position facing your partner within arms length.
- Do one push-up and put your right hand out and tap your partner’s left shoulder.
- Do one more push-up and touch your left hand to your partner’s right shoulder.
- Do 12 reps, 6 on each side.
Note: Be sure to hold your core tight and try not to rotate during the touches.
Tricep Dips & Wall Sits
- One partner does a stable, low (thighs at 90 degree angle or less), wall sit.
- The other partner stands with their back facing the partner in a wall sit.
- The standing partner places their hands on the knees of the wall-sitting partner and does a tricep dips while using the wall-sitting partner’s knees asto balance.
- Do 12 reps and switch.
Note: Make sure only your feet are touching the ground and use your Tricep muscles to lower your upper body down, and then come back to your starting position.
- One partner will stand in a stable squat position.
- The other partner will lay on the ground with their feet near the squating partner.
- The squatting partner will reach down for their partners feet and place them on their thighs.
- The partner on the ground will do push-ups while their legs are slightly elevated
- Do reps of 12, and then switch!
Note: The partner doing push-ups should make sure to hold their core and keep their back straight.
- Lay across from each other with your ankles together.
- One partner will start holding a weight with their arms up.
- Both partners do a sit up and meet in the center.
- The partner holding the weight passes it to the partner.
- Execute another sit up and pass the weight again.
- Do 12 reps each.
Partner Leg Pushes
- One partner will lay on the ground with their head in between their standing partner's legs and reach back and grab their ankles.
- Then, with straight legs, lift your legs up as high as you can and then the standing partner will gently push them back down.
- Time for 30 seconds, and then switch.
Note: Make sure when your legs get pushed back down you hold your core tight and don’t let your legs hit the ground.
- Sit back to back with your partner.
- One partner will start holding a weight and reach to their side to hand it to their partner
- The partner grabs it and pass it to their other side.
- Do this 12 times, and then switch directions and do another 12 on that side.
Note: You can also try this in a squatting position back-to-back to make it a little more challenging, try and keep your backs together.
- Lay across from each other with your feet touching in the air, one leg will be bent and the other straight.
- Bring your opposite elbow of your bent knee in and do a crunch while you push out your bent leg and bring in your straight leg.
- Do this 12 times on each side.
Wheelbarrows on Stairs
- One partner grabs the other partner’s legs at the bottom of the stairs.
- The partner with their legs held uses their arms to walk up the stairs.
- One partner stands in a stable squat position with a flat back.
- The second partner lays on the ground and wraps their legs around their partner’s stomach
- The partner on the ground lays back so that their back is perpendicular to the ground
- The partner on the ground pulls themselves up to their partner’s chest.
- Repeat several reps, then switch.
Skorpion jams, pivots, and blocks for Arbor Bruising Company and firmly believes the end of humanity will involve Cthulhu and large bunnies harvesting human flesh.